Friday 7 September 2012

Lyon crisis- As Cris leaves

Brazilian defender Cris has left Lyon to join Turkish champions Galatasaray on a one-year deal, the French club have confirmed.

Cris, 35, admitted it was a wrench leaving Lyon, who he helped to win four league titles during his time in Ligue 1.
The centre-back spent eight years at the Stade de Gerland, making over 200 appearances following his arrival from Cruzeiro in 2004.
But he is relishing his new challenge with the Istanbul club.

"One door closes, another one opens," he told Lyon's official website. "This is a new chapter in my life. I'm happy on one hand, but also sad on another.
"I'm leaving the club where I spent eight seasons and experienced some wonderful moments. Lyon will always have a special place in my heart, and so will the supporters.
"It's not easy leaving this club, this city - but that's football. I wanted to finish my career at Lyon, but this is a good offer for me and the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment