Monday 27 August 2012

Owen will not miss the premier league

Michael Owen is confident he will find a new club before the transfer window closes after confirming he has spoken to 'quite a few teams'.



The experienced striker is available on a free transfer after being released by Manchester United and is keen to remain in the Premier League.
Owen for Untied
Stoke City have expressed an interest in the 32-year-old, while the former Liverpool forward was recently linked with a move to Everton.
And, when asked if he expects to have signed with new employers by the end of the week, Owen said: "I do, yeah. Also Liverpool his former club has been linked with him now because they wanta prolific striker for the Europa League.
As with a lot of these situations, transfer windows and things like that, a lot of things happen later on in the window when people are refreshing their squads and things like that.
"So, yes, I have been in contact with quite a few teams and I definitely expect to be donning a new shirt quite soon."
He added: "I've spoken to quite a few teams and it's a case of picking the best which is going to suit me and my family.
"I've said before I'd prefer that to be in the Premier League and that remains the case.
"Different things will form the basis of making the right choice: location - it would be great if I could stay at home but if not then so be it.
"The quality of the team, the manager - everything really so hopefully I shall pick the right one."

No comments:

Post a Comment