Friday 26 October 2012

Liverpool V Anzhi Makhachkal

Downing scoring his second goal of the season!
From the minute I entered Anfield I knew it  was going to be a tight game. The Anzhi fans were very loud and the Liverpool fans were abusing them and it really set up a great European night at Anfield. As usual Liverpool couldn't finish their chances and Suarez effort was poor from the edge of the area and it looked like an other boring game. And when Suarez had an other great chance instead he passed to Shelvey who  blasted it over the bar. When I was sitting down at half time I thought if could Liverpool will win? But straight in to the second half a great goal from Downing who was playing Left back smashed the ball in the top corner. After that it was very tight and even with Eto'o was up front he couldn't make an impact. If Anzhi would of had a good young footballer they could of won last night. Daniel Agger had a goal disallowed due to the keeper was holding the ball in two hands where as he thought that the keeper had it in one! But that was it Liverpool are now top of their group due to Young Boys success V Udinese. After the game when I was leaving I was waving away the Anzhi fans as a nice gesture and some very nice Russian guy offered me if we wanted to swap scarve and I must say at first I thought it was a trick where as he and I respected each other as football fans. I have to say the Anzhi scarf was very nice! Because I know I have a lot of Russian viewers I would like to say that the Anzhi fans represented Russia very well and they never stopped singing and they really had a good night out from my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment